Best way to master StarPrint is check out the FAQs. If still not find the answer, you can send question.
1. What is StarPrint?
2. What version of Android can StarPrint run on?
3. How can I download StarPrint?
4. Installed StarPrint but a warning appeared asking to trust app and install another component, what is going on?
5. How many versions or packs of StarPrint? What are they?
Office Pack: PS, txt, pdf,...Picture Pack: Facebook, Flick, Picasa,...
6. What is PLUS version?
7. How long I can use StarPrint in Basic (free) version?
8. How can I setup priters and print with StarPrint?
9. I want to know how to use StarPrint. I also want to understand about printing setting of StarPrint. Where is tutorial resource?
10. My printer is not on the list of supported printers. When are you going to release a driver for it?
11. My email service is different from Gmail. When is it going to be supported?
1. I worry about how StarPrint protects my privacy information. Can you explain to me?
2. Why does StarPrint require certain permissions to run?
|Storage||android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE||Using to write temporary data to SDCard as previewed file, dowloaded file from Google Drive, etc.|
|android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE||Using to check WIFI state before searching printer, etc.|
|Network communication||android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE||Using to search printer, send printed data, etc. through WIFI network.|
|android.permission.BLUETOOTH||Using to search printer, send printed data, etc. through Bluetooth network, etc.|
|android.permission.BLUETOOTH_ADMIN||Using to search printer, send printed data, etc. through Bluetooth network, etc.|
|android.permission.INTERNET||Using to communicate to internet as Google Drive, Gmail, etc.|
|com.android.vending.BILLING||Using to purchase in Store.|
|Your accounts||android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS||Using to get Google Account in Google Drive, Gmail, Store, etc.|
|android.permission.USE_CREDENTIALS||Using to get authentication token in Google Drive, Gmail, etc.|
|Your personal information||android.permission.READ_CALENDAR||Using to print Calendar event.|
StarPrint do nothing with this permission. Actually this is automatically added to release for target 2.3.x and 3.x.
This is Note from Android document:
Note: If your app uses the READ_CONTACTS permission and both your minSdkVersion and targetSdkVersion values are set to 15 or lower, the system implicitly grants your app this permission.
If you don't need this permission, be sure your targetSdkVersion is 16 or higher.
|android.permission.READ_CONTACTS||Using to print Contact information.|
|Using to print Web page.|
|Phone calls||android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE||Using to get phone identity which is included to user report when bugs occur. The report help developers to improve StarPrint quality for next version.|
Upgrading and Payment
1. How can I remove watermark in print result?
2. What is fee for PLUS version?
3. After updating the new version, StarPrint doesn't work anymore or I can't select driver. How can I solve it?
In this case, please do confirmation as below:
- Check internal SD memory. StarPrint need more than 50Mb space memory.
- These steps may help you to solve the problem, please do step by step carefully:
- Unintall APFCore first, then uninstall StarPrint
- Download the latest version StarPrint from Google Play
- Run StarPrint for the 1st time, select Yes to install APFCore
- Checkpont #1: After installing APFCore, you will see the message “Connecting to the printing services”. Let us know if StarPrint connects to print service ok or not.
- Select content, then select printer. StarPrint will open Select Printer screen
- Checkpoint #2: The found printer will be added to StarPrint with the installed driver. Please let us know if the driver is installed ok or not (with or without the exclamation mark).
- If the driver is not installed (with exclamation mark), still on Select Printer screen, please long tap on the printer, then select Change driver, then select your printer brand (Canon), then select driver. Checkpoint #3: After selecting printer brand, if the list of driver is blank, please let us know.
- If you did buy a feature pack before, restore the status by tapping on StarPrint Store, then tap Restore (if you have trouble on following the steps, please read manual here)