StarPrint is Android application that provides printing service for user’s Android device. All information we collect is just used for printing purpose, no data will be collected, linked, shared without user’s consent.
Most of sensitive actions which may touch in your personal information and security issue of them is executed by the Android platform which has already provided such disclosures and obtained such consent. Therefore, we also provide just-in-time disclosures and obtain affirmative express consent before collecting and sharing sensitive information to extend this privacy issue.
As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
1. What information we collect and why we collect it.
There are three categories of information we need to be provided when you use StarPrint application - information about the jobs you send for printing, the documents themselves, and information to access personal account (ex: Gmail,..).
The reason why we need to use these information as below:
- StarPrint keeps information about the print job (the job title, the printer you sent it to, printer status information) as a record. We need this information in order to process the jobs you send for printing, and to allow you (and only you) to view and edit your printing in History screen.
- StarPrint uses most of data in local device to print. StarPrint is not designed to keep a copy of each document you send for printing in its database.
- Finally, we also may collect personally identifiable information that you provide to us. With your permission, we may also access other personal information on your device, such as your phone book, calendar, in order to provide services to you. If authorized by you, we may also access profile and other information from services like Google Doc, Gmail, Instagram.
All permissions we want to use with explanation is here. Notice that there is no location data, no tracking is required in this application and we don’t use any ad companies, it makes sure that your information is not used by them.
2. How we use that information?
We use information of device, printer and network to search, discover and connect to setup printing environment.
Moreover, in feedback session, user can decide to send feedback to us included information of them, document attachment or not. Please notice.
There is log file stored in /sdcard/.apf. This log file is used to track the printing process to debug only. It is not disclosures the content of printing or account’s information.
We let user choose third-party app to access data in some cases such as choosing photo in album,etc.. Please aware of your privacy with these third-party application.